I hope that the Easter season has given everyone time to reflect on the many blessings that we receive everyday that we are so undeserving of. Our Easter Sunday started at 7:00 AM with a resurrection service at church. We followed up with a delicious breakfast in fellowship hall, then sunday school and church. Easter is one of my favorite times of year. Bro. David brought a message that was encouraging, enlightening and eloquent. The mind can't grasp the reality of the situation that Christ laid down his life for us. The heart can't contain the love that was displayed on Calvary. The grave can't contain the Son of God that died for you and me.
We followed up a wonderful morning with a cookout at Kereakis Park Sunday afternoon. Most of our immediate family was in attendance(which makes for quite a crowd). When it was all said and done, Uncle Matt put it into perspective, he said it isn't often that you can have a family get together and have enough people to make up a softball team let alone two of them. That's right, there were balls and bats flying everywhere(literally). Fun was had by all, even the spectators. Melissa, Jay, T.K. and Livie were in from Frankfort and Laura was in from Georgia. Brad was designated pitchered and Bradley was designated catcher. How awesome to see all of the adults and kids interacting and loving the time spent together. I think back on the time that we had when I was a kid. We had the sun as the backlighting, the sky as the backdrop and the fields as the canvas on which we could paint the memories of our childhood. I will forever treasure my summer days with my siblings. How I long to give my children the same kind of environment to grow in.
Well, I have jabbered enough......bear with me until I find my USB cable and I will be able to upload some MORE recent photos. I hope this post finds you healthy, heartfelt and happy. GOD BLESS!!!!!
baseball in the house
13 years ago

It was a wonderful weekend. I really enjoyed the time I spent with all of my family. I love you all so much.
ReplyDelete