Saturday, May 9, 2009

"TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME"



That's right it is ball season. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! If you are looking for our family you will find us at one of the local ball fields 4-5 nights a week, and for the fact of the matter I wouldn't change a thing. Corey has moved up to the major leagues and is playing for the Astros. It is a big transition for him but he is adjusting. By the way, he had 2 hits Thursday night and received the "GAME BALL". Bradley is insisting on getting a trophy case and a ball case going. We look like a trophy store that has blown up between Corey and Maddie both playing for so many years. Maddie aka "MADDOG" has moved up to fast pitch this year. Don't let the league name of fast pitch deceive you......these young ladies are pitching for the first time ever so the pace of the game is anything but fast. But she is loving it and having a ball(no pun intended) anyway. I am so glad that the kids love playing sports, it was such a vital part of my childhood. There are so many life applications that you learn on the ball field/court, no matter what the sport. Team work, sportmanship, winning/losing gracefully, respect for authority(coaches/officials) etc. are just a few of the areas that they learn. In today's society, it seems that the parents are trying to live their lives through their kids, I pray that Bradley and I never find ourselves doing that.....that they are doing this for the love of the game. Never the less, Bradley stays extremely busy running from field to field. I couldn't do it without him. I have been truly blessed with an amazing husband, friend and father. He also coaches the kids in most of their sports. This summer he is coaching Maddie's team, The Great Dames, don't you love the name....he came up with it. We don't want to forget another slugger in the family......Paityn. We got to catch part of her game after Maddie's one night. WOW!!!!!!! She can crush the ball, I would say she is taking after her Dad but we have to give Mom props too!!!!! We all know what kind of ball player Michelle was back in the day( go Lady Raiders)!!! It is sooooo amazing to see the kids grow before our very eyes. I look at Stephanie's girls and am baffled to see Corey at 11 years old. I mean it seems like yesterday he was their size. Bentley is another vivid reminder to me. He is so full of life and constantly coming up with something that keeps you in stitches.




God's word says that except you become like a little child, you cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven. Oh, to have that pure, innocent faith. According to Bentley, when Jesus got off the donkey on Palm Sunday he did a back flip and hand stand:~) See what I mean?!






















2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed!!! I love that you are blogging. It's crazy to think that we live less than 10 minutes from each other but usually only hang out during the holidays. LIfe is so fast paced with the kids going in different directions but with the technology age comes some perks. I get to keep up with you all and will check back often. Happy blogging! Love you!

    ReplyDelete