

I know this sounds corny(no pun intended) but this is our first family garden and I am so excited. All of my coworkers and friends are sick of hearing me talk about it but I just can't get over the fact that these plants have produced something that will give sustance to my family. We live in a society that for the most part is hinged upon instant gratification. I want a cucumber, I go to the store, put in my basket, pay for it and I have a cucumber. To walk out your back door and pick one off of the vine. WOW!!!!! Bradley will tell you that the little things in life tickle me to death and I get REALLY excited about simple things. Maddie and I have extremely enjoyed going to the garden each day and seeing the growth and progress of each plant. However, we have not enjoyed the progress of the weeds. Oh my goodness!!!!! Lisa and I can hoe it clean on Sunday afternoon and on Tuesday it is over run again. But we are diligent in our task and in our determination to raise a garden. FYI--these photos are 3 weeks old. You will flip out when I put some new ones on. We came home from vacation, which meant 2 weeks of not weeding, I wanted to cry. Tears of joy to see all of the vegetables that were ready for picking and those that will be soon, then tears of frustration to see all of the weeds that have taken over our sanctuary. Lisa, Missy and I attacked it with a frenzy on Sunday afternoon and it once again looks like a well manicured garden. Anyway, enough rambling about our family garden(see what I mean). In all of this I just want to say that God is good: yesterday, today, forever. Until we blog again. God bless and be safe.



No comments:
Post a Comment